Skoolbo Australia Terms and Conditions
Policy effective 28 March 2014
Please read the Skoolbo Australia Terms and Conditions in full before using the Skoolbo Services. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use the Skoolbo Services. Using the Skoolbo Services implies that you accept the Skoolbo Australia Terms and Conditions.
From time to time Skoolbo may modify the Skoolbo Australia Terms and Conditions. School Administrators, Teachers and Parents will be notified of any updated policy and the most current version may be found at www.skoolbo.com.au/terms.
- Account Establishment Process
- Skoolbo is open to children beneath the age of 18.
- Accounts may be created by teachers.
- We collect minimal, non-identifiable information from children.
- Children are able to link their accounts to parents, teachers and other known children.
- What License does Skoolbo grant?
- Skoolbo grants the User a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable revocable license to install and use the Friend Our World Services for non-commercial use. The acquired rights are subject to compliance with this License and Skoolbo Australia Terms and Conditions. Any commercial use is prohibited. The User is expressly prohibited from sub-licensing, renting, leasing, transferring or otherwise distributing the Application or rights to use the Application.
- Skoolbo’s Trademarks, Logos, Graphics, Audio or Other Assets
- Unless otherwise stated the User may not use or alter Skoolbo’s trademarks, logos, graphics, audio or other assets included in the Skoolbo Services in any way other than for their intended purposes.
- Reservation of Rights
- Skoolbo reserves all right, title and interest in the Skoolbo Services (including all characters, storyline, images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text), and all associated copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein.
- The User may not decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the Skoolbo Services, or any component thereof, by any means whatsoever.
- The User may not “hack” or intentionally degrade the Skoolbo Services.
- The User may not remove, alter, or obscure any product identification, copyright, or other intellectual property notices in the Skoolbo Services. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Skoolbo.
- The Skoolbo Services Uptime
- Skoolbo takes all reasonable steps to ensure the Skoolbo Services are available 24 hours every day. However, websites and other online applications sometimes encounter downtime due to server and other technical issues. Skoolbo will not be liable if the Skoolbo Services are unavailable at any time.
- Where possible Skoolbo will try to give advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
- Responsibilities of Users
- It is the responsibility of every User to in no way try to “hack” or intentionally degrade the Skoolbo Services.
- Material the User sends to Skoolbo or posts on www.skoolbo.com.au:
- Links to other Websites
- Any links to third party websites located on www.skoolbo.com.au are provided for the User’s convenience only.
- Skoolbo takes all reasonable steps to ensure any links to third party websites are appropriate. Skoolbo is not responsible for the content on any linked third party website. If the User chooses to access a third party website linked to from www.skoolbo.com.au, it is at the User’s own risk. The User is encouraged to notify Skoolbo at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any inappropriate links on www.skoolbo.com.au.
- Links from other Websites
The User may provide a link to www.skoolbo.com.au on another website on the basis that:
- The User does not in any way imply that Skoolbo is endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed in writing with Skoolbo.
- The User does not misrepresent the relationship between the User and Skoolbo.
- The User does not present any false information about Skoolbo.
- The use of any part of the Skoolbo Services is entirely at the User’s own risk, for which Skoolbo shall not be liable.
- It shall be the User’s own responsibility to ensure the Skoolbo Services meet the User’s specific requirements.
- Skoolbo takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on the Skoolbo’s Services is correct. However, Skoolbo does not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material contained within the Skoolbo Services. Skoolbo may make changes to the material contained within the Skoolbo Services at any time and without notice.
- Skoolbo takes all reasonable care to ensure the maintenance and security of the User’s data. However, Skoolbo does not guarantee the data. Skoolbo accepts no responsibility for a temporary or permanent loss of data.
- Maximum Liability
- The User agrees that Skoolbo is not liable in any way.
- The User agrees that Skoolbo shall not be liable for any consequential damages.
- The User agrees that none of the Supporting Partners of Skoolbo are liable in any way.
- Governing Jurisdiction
- The Skoolbo Australia Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian Capital Territory (ACT) law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the ACT.
- If any provision of the terms and provisions within the Skoolbo Australia Terms and Conditions are determined to be invalid, it shall not affect the validity and enforcement of the remaining terms and provisions within Skoolbo Australia Terms and Conditions.
- Our Details
Skoolbo Australia Pty Ltd
Level 5, E29, 2 Moore Street
Canberra ACT 2601